Monday, October 26, 2015

"Cleaning the pantry" soup #2356 (or something comparable, as I make soup every time I clean my pantry)

Asparagus, tomato and goat cheese soup

I'm getting ready to go traveling for awhile, and one of the elements of my impending move into storage is the cleaning out of pantry ingredients.  Today I needed to get rid of a jar of white asparagus (asparagus in a jar makes better pureed soup than fresh, due to its texture), a can of tomatoes and one refrigerator impulse buy, sweet hot pepper goat cheese.

Boil the jar of asparagus and the can of diced tomatoes in a saucepan for a few minutes with about a cup of water and some garlic salt and ground red pepper to taste.  Then puree it all, put it back in the pan with the burner on medium-ish.  Crumble in 1/4 to 1/2 of the log of goat cheese (depending on how badly you need to get rid of the goat cheese) and stir.  After about 5-10 minutes, split it into two generous servings and eat it with other things you need to finish.  In my case, that was two pieces of rye toast with EVOO and garlic salt.

Then give me a big hug because that was so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment